New Users can be uploaded to the Sparta Cloud via CSV import. This is particularly helpful when large volumes of Users are added, and information can be copied-and-pasted from existing rosters.
To learn how to add one User at a time, click here for a tutorial.
Add Users from CSV Upload
- Navigate to a Team
- Click "Add Users" in top right of your screen
- Click "Import from List" on pop-out menu
- Click "Download CSV Template", then open the document once the download is complete
- Clear all example data (rows 2 and 3) before beginning roster entry
- Begin filling in each column by entering First and Last Names, or copy and paste from existing rosters
- There are four required fields when creating a new User:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Sex Assigned at Birth (m or f)
- Birth Year (YYYY)
- Optional fields:
- Email Address - personal email address to use for viewing your user profile and/or utilizing the Sparta MOVE App
- Height (first column is ft., second column is in.)
- Invite ("y" for yes and "n" for no) - if an email is included, "y" will trigger an invitation email to the User
- Group Membership - click here for a guide to creating Groups
- To automatically add a User to an existing Group, type in the Group name as it appears on Cloud
- Tags - must be activated in Team settings. Click here for a guide to setting up Tags
- Tags must be entered as Main:Subgroup as they appear in Cloud. For example, "Baseball:Pitcher" or "Public Service:Police"
- To add more than one tag to a User, separate each by a comma and one space. For example, "Soccer:Forward, Soccer:Midfield"
- External ID - student ID number, jersey number, patient ID, or other alternate ID, if desired
- Before saving CSV for upload, clear all edits including text formatting and hyperlinks. Select all the data, click the Clear icon that looks like a rubber eraser, and click "Clear All Formats" from the dropdown list.
- Save the document as a CSV, then navigate back to the Sparta Cloud. Click the Cloud icon under Import From List and select the document from your computer.
- Upload will be populated on a screen that allows you to correct any typos or erroneous entries. Review and edit within, and when finished, click Import Subjects.